Health and Case Management Programs
Managing an ongoing medical condition sometimes takes an extra hand. Our team of nurses, respiratory therapists, social workers, and other health care professionals can help.
If you are living with a physical or mental health concern, we can match you with one of our free health management programs or connect you with other wellness resources that can help. Call MVP for help and support at 1-866-942-7966 .
Health Management Programs
MVP Health Care offers help to members who need guidance and support to improve their chronic health conditions. These programs offer innovative solutions to help get chronic health conditions under control and on track for improvement. Working in partnership with doctors, we help members get the care they need and make the most of their benefits when living with:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder (COPD)
- Depression (managed by Beacon Health Options)
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Low Back Pain
We also offer services to help members whose needs require different resources than those provided through our condition specific programs.
- Case Management for members who have complications or other serious health concerns such as cancer, renal disease, transplants and HIV/AIDS
- Little FootprintsSM Case Management Program
- Receive telephone calls from a nurse specializing in high risk maternity care to discuss healthy pregnancy and infant care. The nurse is also available to receive calls from you, when you have questions or concerns.
- Learn more about Little Footprints (PDF)
Breastfeeding Support via Corporate Lactation Services
MVP recognizes the importance of breastfeeding babies and we are committed to ensuring that breastfeeding support is available for every mother and child we cover. We now offer a comprehensive lactation support program that provides guidance while breastfeeding and the necessary equipment through Corporate Lactation Services.
Through this relationship with Corporate Lactation Services, MVP offers nursing mothers state-of-the-art breastfeeding equipment and access to internationally board certified lactation consultants and registered nurses 365 days-a-year. This support program includes outreach calls placed at specific times to provide mothers with information appropriate to the age of their child. Moms can also call in with questions or concerns until weaning.
This program is available to all MVP members; benefit limitations may apply. Members may call MVP’s Customer Care Center at the phone number on the back of their Member ID card to see if they qualify.
To enroll, mothers can:
- Enroll for breastfeeding support online
- Breastfeeding support enrollment form
- Corporate Lactation Services Breastfeeding Support Poster
- Contact Corporate Lactation Services directly at 1-888-818-5653 or email@example.com
Social work services that help connect members to community resources and services
Health Management Newsletters Archive
For Members with Asthma
For Members with Back Pain
- The Spine Column, Vol 2, 2017 (PDF)
- The Spine Column, Vol 2, 2016 (PDF)
- The Spine Column, Vol 2, 2016 (Spanish) (PDF)
- The Spine Column, Vol 1, 2016 (PDF)
For Members with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder
- Fresh Air News, Vol 2, 2017 (PDF)
- Fresh Air News, Vol 2, 2016 (PDF)
- Fresh Air News, Vol 2, 2016 (Spanish) (PDF)
- Fresh Air News, Vol 1, 2016 (PDF)
For Members with Diabetes
For Members with Heart Disease
For Members with Heart Failure